Life Verses...Psalm 63:3-5

Psalm 63:3-5
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live.
I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied...and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Watercolor Ponies...The Pleasure of Watching My Children Grow!

Exactly one year ago today Noah asked Sarah Jean Yarnell to marry him!  And exactly 4 weeks from today they will become Mr and Mrs Noah Amos Amick! Yeeeehawwww..this makes me happy! A few weeks ago Noah asked me what song I would like to dance to with him on his wedding day.  At that time I wasnt sure what to answer....but now I know exactly what my choice is!!! Watercolor Ponies, by Wayne Watson...here are the words that are so appropriate for many reasons! I wanted to share the song but could not find a good link to it.

There are watercolor ponies
On my refrigerator door
And the shape of something
I don't really recognize
Drawn by careful little fingers
And put proudly on display
A reminder to us all
Of how time flies
Seems an endless mound of laundry
And a stairway laced with toys
Gives a blow by blow
Reminder of the war
That we fight for their well-being
For their greater understanding
To impart a holy reverence
For the Lord
But, baby, what will we do
When it comes back to me an you?
They look a little less
Like little boys every day
Oh, the pleasure of watching
The children growing
Is mixed with a bitter cup
Of knowing the watercolor ponies
Will one day ride away
And the vision can get so narrow
As you view through your tiny world
And little victories can go by
With no applause
But in the greater evaluation
As they fly from your nest of love
May they mount up with wings
As eagles for His cause
But, baby, what will we do
When it comes back to me an you?
They look a little less
Like little boys every day
Oh, the pleasure of watching
The children growing
Is mixed with a bitter cup
Of knowing the watercolor ponies
Will one day ride away
Noah, it is indeed a pleasure to watch you grow and I am sooo excited to celebrate with you and Sarah on your wedding day!  If it is not too late to ask, I would love our dance to be "Watercolor Ponies"! I already miss your sweet drawings on my refrigerator door, but I am ever so pleased with your direction in life and look forward to seeing God's plans for you and Sarah in the years to come! I love you Noah and Sarah!

1 comment:

  1. What a PERFECT song to dance with your son to!! You make everything so special Joyce!

    ...the war that we fight for their well-being
    for their greater understanding
    to impart a holy reverence
    for the Lord...

    How blessed your children are that our God has given them such a warrior like you to fight that war!!

    ReplyDelete