Life Verses...Psalm 63:3-5

Psalm 63:3-5
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live.
I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied...and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Satisfying My Thirst!


     Why do I so often question God...about soooo many things? I dont have a book or a guide for the summer Bible Study I am leading. We are studying the Psalms and looking for specific things that we can learn about God...such as God is faithful, He is merciful, He is compassionate, He is to be feared, He is my counselor, He provides for me, He is king, Lord, my friend, my Father, etc, etc.. Each week I have had to ask the Lords direction for what Psalm to study next...boy is this teaching me to depend on Him! Last week the only Psalm that kept coming to mind was Psalm 23.  The shepherd Psalm.  I know it by heart. We all do. It is so familiar and we even discussed it in our first study....so WHY Lord, are You directing us to study it again!???
    Today I came to..."He leads me beside quiet waters". For me that is a picture of rest.  A cool, quiet, peaceful stream. But why would a shepherd lead his sheep to the still waters? Because the sheep are thirsty. And so are we.  Thirsty for water these days, because it is 95+ degrees for days on end!...But even if we dont realize it,we are thirsty for so much more.  We are thirsty spiritually.  We try hard to fill that void in life with so many things...pleasures and relationships and distractions of all sorts.  But what we really thirst for is God....what I really need most is God.
     My favorite Psalm is Psalm 63 because God used it in my life when I was terribly hungry and thirsty. He showed me that what I really needed most was Him.
Psalm 63:1-5...
O God, You are my God; early will I seek You;
My soul thirst for You; my flesh longs for You
in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see You power and Your glory.
Becaue Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips will praise You
Thus I will bless You while I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips!
Why did God lead me to study Psalm 23 this week?  Because He is my shepherd, and I needed to be reminded that He is the one who gives me rest and quenches my thirst. He does that each and every day thru His Word....and it is much more satisfying than a cold glass of ice water on a 95 degree day!
Matthew 5:6...Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled!
John 6:35...Jesus said, "I am the bread of life.  He who comes to me shall never hunger, and He who believes in Me shall never thirst."
Do you know my Jesus???? I would be glad to tell you about Him! Its going to be a hot one today! I know you will be thirsty...Jesus is the only true thirst quencher I know!....Reminds me of a song....


 



click below for a listen...:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlDe0E0nhBs

No comments:

Post a Comment