Life Verses...Psalm 63:3-5

Psalm 63:3-5
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live.
I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied...and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Counting to 1000

I started counting on April 16, 2011.
1. God's Word
2. Amber's sweet expressions captured in pictures

19. A warm hug from a friend
55. Sunshine beaming through my window
61.  My 23 year old wedding dress that still fits!
63. Morning songs from the birds at my feeder

64. Gage sliding across my kitchen floor
103. My quiet, warm, comfy chair..a place for thoughts
What am I counting?...I'm counting gifts.  Simple pleasures of life that come wrapped up in small packages each and every day...so easily overlooked and not appreciated for what they are.  Gifts from my Father, blessings from above, God revealing His presence and His goodness. It all started when I picked up the life-changing book, "One Thousand Gifts-A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are". My perspective on life is shifting.  Shifting because it a process and I'm not there yet.  I'm learning to refocus. "To learn to how to be grateful and happy whether hands full or hands empty.  That is a secret worth spending a life on learning." I dont plan on stopping at 1000, I want to count for the rest of my life.....
74. Sara breathing sleep beside me
81. Running on a warm spring evening
99. Early morning breakfast with my son
102. A day with my hubby
115. Life, breath, a new day
116. God's care for Amber
117. Antibiotics that bring healing
122. Fresh sheets and a good book
128. Sara's choreographed dance in the kitchen in Spandex
139. Music to remind me of the coming wedding
146. Late night girl chats 153. The love of family 157. Mikayla growing up  163. A Night-time visit with my sister  183. Walking and talking with Skye 190. Tiny tootsies
217. God's Word and the comfort of being held by Him  222. Children to do laundry for 235. Sweet smell of Honeysuckle  243. Tomorrow, the day my first child was born 22 years ago 252. Eli becoming a man and being responsible 268. Black Raspberry Jelly 270. Early morning prayer..............

"Life change comes when we receive life with thanks and ask for nothing to change."

1 comment: