...As for man, his days are like grass;
...As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
...For the wind passes over it and it is gone. and it's place remembers it no more.
Simple right??...we're born, we live a short life, and then we are gone....
...But God never seems to teach me things so simply..He always makes me think!!My references led me to this passage, and I am always soooo amazed at how God weaves all of life together!
1 Peter 1:22-25..."so see to it that you really do love each other warmly, with all your hearts. For you have a new life. It was not passed on to you from your parents, for the life they gave you will fade away. This new one will last forever!! for it comes from Christ, God's ever-living message to men. Yes, our natural lives will fade as grass does when it becomes all brown and dry. All our greatness is like a flower that droops and falls, but the Word of the Lord will last forever!!"
Ohhhh how that ties in with so many things I have been thinking about and discussing recently!
1. Discussions with friends about building our lives on the foundation of Christ..and so much of what we build on top of that will not last!
2. The thot that only 2 things in this world are eternal...people..and Gods Word...so where should my focus be??
3. A book the girls and I have been reading The Jesus Creed,, ..based on the greatest commandment of Loving God with all your heart, mind and soul, and loving others as much as you love yourself!!
... Last night as I was reading the book, it asked me to consider my "Top Four". What are the top four desired things in my life??? in other words, what is REALLY important to me..what do I spend my time and energy on..what drives me in life???...my honest answers were these...
1...God's Word...intimacy with God
2. Wanting to raise children who know and love God
3. Relationships...the desire, need, longing to be loved, accepted, approved of , and enjoy life with others (and lets be honest, dont we all desire this?)
4. Independence...I need my own space, dont like to be controlled, and need lots and lots of alone and quiet time
5. Physical Fitness
Ok...I gave 5..but these are the things that I find drive me..how I spend my time and energy revolves around these things! This all made me think of this...How will I spend my dash? August 8, 1962 - ?...you know, the time between when I was born and when I die...my dash!! What do I REALLY want my priorities to be and what should my life be about??
Life continually keeps coming down to this for me. Live simply...love generously! Love God > love others!
Lord, show me how that should look in every day life....
1. Love God..spend time in His Word, spend intimate time with Him...breathe life in and out all day long to please Him and to walk with Him
2. Love Others...live life so others are dazzled by Christ...Christ should shine through, not my works
3. Do that by loving in this order....God > My Family > those who God has given me intimate, close relationships with -who I love deeply > others God nudges me to love in some way
.... AS for man, his days are like grass; as a flower of the field, so he flourishes. For the wind passes over it and it is gone. And its place is remembered no more. Psalm 103:15,16
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of the Lord stands forever!!..Is 40:8
* Thank you Mikayla Autumn Amick, for your beautiful photography!