Life Verses...Psalm 63:3-5

Psalm 63:3-5
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live.
I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied...and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Who is on the Throne???

   I logged onto my blog and realized I needed to do some updating!!!  I have a new grandson...Charles Luke Amick! Born on December 24, 2011!  It is one of the greatest joys in my life to see Amber enjoy being a big sister!!

   I was reading something this morning that has stuck with me all day...one simple little line of scripture!!  I was reading in 1Samuel, and the children of Israel wanted a king...so they got Saul. It talked about Israel whining because they wanted a king, and in The Message it said these 6 little words...."And God was already your King."

   I have thot about those 6 words all day today. I looked up a few verses about God being my King....

Psalm 10:16...The Lord is King forever and ever!!

Psalm 29:10...the Lord sat as King at the flood; Yes, the Lord is King forever and ever!

.....Hmmmmm, isnt something missing.... somewhere between the flood and eternity?????  God was King of ALL in between!! It got me thinking about my own life. God IS King of everything in between....He is King, the One Who reigns, the One Who is in control of ALL that I am concerned about in life!!!










     I am like Israel when I whine about life, when I worry...when I wish for something other than what He has given me!  Soooooooo...what exactly am I worried about, angry over, discouraged about, discontent with, afraid of, fretting over ???????  The Lord is my God...and my God is KING! He is in control, He loves me and loves these people that I love dearly! He will reign forever and ever...and one day I will be with Him..... so in the meantime I can just trust Him!!!!

Matthew 6:13...For Yours in the KINGdom and the power and the glory forever and ever! Amen!




3 comments:

  1. Awwww! Such a beautiful post...and my ugly mug gets included ...it sort of brought the whole thing down a step...but hopefully others won't notice!

    He is THE KING...and HE DOES REIGN!!... sometimes life has a way of distracting us and making us forget this! Thank you for reminding me of this TRUTH... how timely as I was just fretting about so many things that I "THINK" need to be under my control! What a peace rendering TRUTH to dwell in... that we don't have to be "in control" when we KNOW that we can trust our KING!

    THANK YOU JOYCE MARIE!!!


    The King of love my Shepherd is,
    Whose goodness faileth never,
    I nothing lack if I am His
    And He is mine forever.

    Perverse and foolish oft I strayed,
    But yet in love He sought me,
    And on His shoulder gently laid,
    And home, rejoicing, brought me.

    In death’s dark vale I fear no ill
    With Thee, dear Lord, beside me;
    Thy rod and staff my comfort still,
    Thy cross before to guide me.

    And so through all the length of days
    Thy goodness faileth never;
    Good Shepherd, may I sing Thy praise
    Within Thy house forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula Plukey Keller....
      I didnt choose the bald picture!! And even if I would have... you are beautiful inside and out!! Your comments make me melt...I wanted to include a song at the end...I listened to several and just couldnt find one that fit what I wanted to express. Oh Paula, God used you to send just the right one!! those words are inside my Best Friend!!! (and yours!!) The words to that song mean so much to both of us...thank you!!!
      I love you! May you rest in our King's..our Shepherd's..everlasting loving arms!!!
      "The eternal God is our resting place..and underneath are His everlasting arms!!"

      Delete
  2. PS...
    Paula..I would have much preferred a picture of ME AND YOU...one that showed from eyes and flowing from my heart how very much I care for you...but I do not yet have a photo like that! I dont have ANY pictures of me and you!! So please just close your eyes and imagine it, cause that is what I see when I look at your picture!...<3

    ReplyDelete