Life Verses...Psalm 63:3-5

Psalm 63:3-5
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live.
I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied...and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

God's Ways are Unsearchable...and Questions for Heaven

Studying Psalm 145 this week for our summer Bible Study.  Came to this verse this morning...
Psalm 145:3...Great is the Lord and highly to be praised;  and His greatness is unsearchable.
It led me on this rabbit trail of verses about Gods ways being unsearchable...
Job 5:9...Who does great things and unsearchable, marvelous things without number.
Job 9:10...He does great things past finding out, yes wondrous without number.
Isaiah 40:28...Have you not known?  Have you not heard?  The everlasting God, the Lord, the creator of the ends of the earth neither faints nor grows weary.  His understanding is unsearchable.
Romans 11:33...Oh the depth and the riches of both the wisdom and knowledge of God.  How unsearchable are His ways and His paths past finding out.  For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been His counselor?  Who has ever given to God that He should repay Him?  For of Him and thru him and to Him are all things!( ...written from memory thank you to mike who encouraged our family to memorize this 11 years ago!!)

I melt when I read these verses.  It humbles me...Gods ways compared to my simplicity.  Who am I to question God and why do I worry about the things in life that I cant figure out? It brought to mind a song by Chris Rice..Questions for Heaven.
...Like why did You bother with so many stars?
Do You ever play tricks on the angels?
And what happened to all of those dinosaurs?
Where's the Garden of Eden?
And what causes de ja vu?
I guess in Heaven I'll learn
I'll be waiting my turn
To ask about quasars and feathers
I hope the line isn't long
I hope Your patience is strong
It's a good thing forever's forever
Do our jokes make You laugh?
What's Your favorite cartoon?
Can you tell me what's out past the edges?
And what about UFOs, taste buds, and tornados?
Why do we dream?
Oh, and what causes de ja vu?
Time to call it a day
Time to turn off my brain
It's already half past eleven
Reach to turn out the light
And close my sleepy eyes
And save up the questions for Heaven
I'll save all the questions for Heaven
I'm saving up questions for Heaven
  My questions for heaven are a little different than Chris's...but the same theme of How do you do the things that you do God????  and sometimes, WHY do You do the things that You do? ...which for me comes back to the humbling point of saying who am I to question You???  Cant I just trust You..trust in the promises of Your Word and rest about all the things in life that worry me? I came to a final verse of comfort this morning.
1Corinth 2:11...For who among men knows the thots of a man except the spriit of the man which is in Him?  Even so the thots of God noone knows except the Spirit of God.  Now we have received not the spirit of this world, but the spirit who is from God, that we might know the things freely given to us by God...

I cant possibly know the thots of another person, but God reveals His thots to me thru His Spirit.  Is that awesome or what!!!  I still have alot of questions for heaven.....but I am humbled that God loves me, His presence is real to me, and I can rest about the things I dont understand . My soul shall be satisfied not knowing everything.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU_rTX23V7Q

1 comment:

  1. I think I have sung all or most of those verses on your rabbit trail and special music in church this week was someone singing "Who Am I". Thank you for this post. So appropriate as we pass anniversaries ~ a year since Amber's surgery, going on oxygen, ....and so on. A year of being reminded daily to trust and rest, God is sovereign. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete