Life Verses...Psalm 63:3-5

Psalm 63:3-5
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live.
I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied...and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fireworks and Frisbees!

I love the 4th of July! The nearby country parade...with popcorn man who yells, "Hey, hey, hey" and has his own built in mega-phone, dancing man with feathers, bands, tractors and floats who throw smiles and candy, family, friends, warm breezes, and sunshine!!  Simple pleasures of a summer day! Yesterday we added a picnic with friends, cooking shish-ka-bobs and hot dogs over an open fire, and fireworks to end the day!
As we were waiting for the fireworks to begin we played Frisbee...Mike and me, Trish and Chris, and my dad.  I dont remember playing Frisbee with my dad before, although I am sure we have.  As I smile over it today I do remember baseball...many, many times of playing catch with my dad.  Dad loves baseball..especially Little League.  When I was younger he encouraged me to play, and I was on the Lightstreet Little League Team the very first year they allowed girls !!  The coach had a hard time adjusting to this new idea, so he gave all the girls boy names so we would fit in...I was "Fred". Dad called me Fred for many years and still does sometimes!  I cant say that I excelled at the game.  I did love it, but was so shy and would get so nervous in the outfield or when up to bat!
Got out the ball and gloves and bat today.  Sara is already 12 and I cant remember ever playing catch with her. I played catch years ago with Noah.  I threw the ball hard, he turned his head and missed catching it, and CRACK the ball went right in his ear.  Scared me so much I put the gloves and baseball away for 12 years!!!  Sara is a natural, she can catch, she can throw and she can hit!
Memories today...old ones with my dad revisited, and new ones in the making. Thanks for playing Frisbee Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment