Life Verses...Psalm 63:3-5

Psalm 63:3-5
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live.
I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied...and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Place I MOST Want to Be!!!

"As they continued their travel, Jesus entered a village. A woman by the name of Martha welcomed Him and made Him feel quite at home. She had a sister, Mary, who sat before the Master, hanging on every word He said. But Martha was pulled away by......" Luke 10 The Msg.


I was thinking about Mary and Martha this morning. Wondering, what does it mean to sit at Jesus feet? Who else in scripture did so? And what in life distracts me and pulls me away from doing so?


The only other direct reference I found to someone sitting at Jesus' feet made me melt inside. It was in Luke 8:35..."They came to Jesus and found the man from whom the demons had been sent, sitting at Jesus feet."
 It was the man who had a legion of demons that Jesus cast out and into the pigs! After being healed, this man was found sitting at Jesus feet!
  
What does it mean to me to sit at Jesus feet?
...it is to spend time with Him
...to listen to His Word
...to not be pulled away from/distracted by..all the things in life that seem more important but really aren't!
...I am sitting at His feet every time I read about what He has done, read the words He spoke....
...every time I pray
...every time I curl up in my favorite chair and need His counsel, wisdom, comfort, encouragement, strength....
...every time I long for His presence and listen for His voice
...sitting at Jesus feet is being still before Him
...it is to be in awe of who Jesus is...(imagine the awe that the demon possessed/now free man must have felt!)


Sitting at Jesus feet is to realize there is NO place I would rather be - NOTHING I would rather be doing!
This is where I want to begin every day of my life - sitting at Jesus feet!






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the wisdom. Just heard a quote yesterday that reminds me of our prayer times. "Prayer is not something you do, it is a place where you go---to GOD." Hope you have a great day. Love, Cindee

    ReplyDelete