Life Verses...Psalm 63:3-5

Psalm 63:3-5
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live.
I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied...and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Filling the Void....

I have been soooo restless lately. Unsettled in life about things I wish were different, things I dont know how to fix. . Feeling empty. Like I'm starving. Like something is missing. Wanting to fill the voids but at a loss to know how to do so.
And then this hit me. Music being practiced over and over and over by my daughter in preparation for a performance, but just now the words are penetrating my soul.

"Jesus is all the world to me, my life, my joy, my all;
He is my strength from day to day, without Him I would fall...."


Is He REALLY? Is He really the world to me???? My life, my joy, my all? Then why do I so quickly run to other things, other people..to try to fill the emptiness, the restlessness, the voids...?

Oh how I long to live out the words to this hymn. That Jesus would indeed be ALL the world to me..
My LIFE...that I would live to serve and please Him always...
My JOY...that my life would be a reflection of my trust in Him....beaming with joy inexpressible!
My STRENGTH...that it would be Him that I run to when I am empty and weak...
My FRIEND...He is indeed my closest friend. The One I love most and long most to be with. Oh how I need to go to Him with everything..all the restlessness, emptiness, and desires. Who better to guide me and give me counsel than my very best friend?

There is NOTHING/NOONE this world has to offer that is better than Jesus!
Thank you for the reminder Mikayla! Your music is music for my soul!
Jesus IS all the world to me!
 Lord, show me how to live it!



Jesus is all the world to me, my life, my joy, my all.
He is my strength from day to day, without Him I would fall.
When I am sad to Him I go, no other one can cheer me so;
When I am sad, He makes me glad, He's my friend.


Jesus is all the world to me, my friend in trials sore;
I go to Him for blessings, and He fives them o'er and o'er.
He sends the sunshine and the rain, He sends the harvests golden grain;
Sunshine and rain, harvest of grain, He's my friend.


Jesus is all the world to me, and true to Him I'll be;
O, how could I, this friend deny, when He's so true to me?
Following Him, I know I'm right, He watches o'er me day and night;
Following Him be day and night, He's my friend.


Jesus is all the world to me, I want no better friend;
I trust Him now, I'll trust Him when lifes fleeting days shall end.
Beautiful life with such a friend, beautiful life that has no end;
Eternal life, eternal joy, He's my friend!





4 comments:

  1. Thanks for praying together today. Hope our prayer time helped to refocus on all that the LORD is to us. "Only JESUS, only HE brings salvation, full and free. There is a yearning in all our lives. Only Jesus satisfies." Love to you Joyce. Hope your day goes smoothly as you prepare for your little treasures to come visit. Off with Brad soon, on his day off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE our prayer times together Cindee! I always think of them as .."sweet hours of prayer" because they are indeed sooo sweet to me for so many reasons! Thank you my kindred friend...<3

      Delete
  2. Oh that we could only remember that HE is the ONE Who brings our souls the contentment and peace and joy that we so long for!! How could we possibly forget this when He shows us over and over and over again??! THANK YOU for all of the times that you've reminded me and pointed to HIM when my flesh and so many things of this world pull me in other directions! AHHH ...to sit at His wonderful feet!! Heaven is NEVER being distracted away from where we MOST want to be!!!

    THANK YOU Joyce Marie!!

    May the presence of our LORD with you, be as real to you today as the nose on your face... and the lemons in your push up bra! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..and THANK YOU..for sharing the most difficult journey of life with me. Words cant even express how much I learn and grow and appreciate sharing life with you...AND you make me LOL...OUT LOUD!!

      Delete