Life Verses...Psalm 63:3-5

Psalm 63:3-5
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live.
I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied...and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips!

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Will You Trust Me?

Psalm 91:1,2
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

I recently wrote a note to my niece who is graduating from high school. I sense that she is nervous about leaving home, beginning college, stepping into a new season of life. As I quickly (in the car on the way to the party!) jotted her a note of encouragement, this is what poured out of me.....go with an open mind and an open heart. Have a teachable spirit. God is going to use all the circumstances in the days and months and years ahead to ask you this question...Do you trust Me????

And then I realized that is exactly what God has been doing in my life. He has been using all the situations of life to ask me...Do you trust Me? Will you rest in Me?? Even when it hurts. Even when you dont understand. Even when you doubt and question and ache and mourn. Will you trust Me???

It's been a very long time since I have written on this blog. So much has happened. I havent been able to voice many words. Amber is in heaven. Charlie is in heaven. There's a void in our lives and an ache in our family that will be there for as long as we are on this earth. . But God has used that ache to draw me close to Himself, to give me an insatiable desire for His Word and for Him, and for that I will always be thankful. This song comes to mind as I type, as it speaks whats on my heart so well!

Steady My Heart

In the days to come I will update my blog, and perhaps find my voice again. I have so much to be thankful for! New life! Logan and Zoe have become part of my family, and I certainly need to make some additions on here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment